A great insight into Balinese culture for groups !
Despite the modernisation of the island and the increase of tourism, Bali has managed to keep some secluded and original areas. This tour with us will lead you to these hidden and preserved wonders as participating in traditional activities with the inhabitants.
Thanks to our open-air area nestled in the nature, we welcome groups in a spacious and comfortable environment !
On request - All year round except Balinese New Year day (Nyepi)
09:00 - 09:15 - Arrival at Bali Countryside
We meet at Bali Countryside parking area to go together to the starting point of the short walk. Our local guide will remind you the program of the day and make sure about the participants’s health conditions and security tips. He also double check info about allergies/ specific diet for the lunch.
09:15 - 09:30 - Hand-weaving cooperative
Witness the technique and process of textile fabrics. It’s a great opportunity to learn about this ancient art form, as well as understand the textile role in the expression and recognition of spiritual believes. We include this visit for up to 29 pax. For a group of 30 and more, we invite the weaver in Bali Countryside.
09:30 - 10:00 - Rice Fields Walk
We go for a short walk in the plantations for about 30 minutes so the guests arrive in Bali Countryside property from the fields and discover the beautiful view over Sidemen plantions and rice fields. For more than 40 pax, we organize several departures for the walk to keep it smooth in the fields, which will be scheduled on its own depending on the buses arrival time.
10:00 - 10:30 - Welcome drink & snack
We offer a welcome drink and traditional snacks and let some time for the guests to go to toilets, take pictures and enjoy the view.
10:30 - 13:00 - Workshops with locals
We split the group in smaller groups and observe a rotation on the activities to offer a comfortable atmosphere to enjoy the workshops and cultural information’s given.
• Farming and rice culture:
• Join our farmer in the field to try by yourself what you may have already seen around in Bali, plowing with cows and sting the rice. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about rice cultivation.
• Cooking Lesson
• Come along for a short cooking lesson of 3 small Balinese specialties. A great way to learn how we traditionally cook with wooden oven and have an authentic taste of Balinese cuisine.
• Prepare the flower offerings
• Awaken your inner child while preparing the daily offerings and ceremony cakes. Learn about their meaning and use during the Balinese rituals.
• Traditional palm-leaves decorations and shrines
• Find out the Balinese skills while imitate them making decorations from palm-leaves and Sanggah Cucuk, a temporary Balinese temporary shrine made out of bamboo.
• Balinese sanskrit on Lontar
• Learn how to write your name in Balinese Sanskrit on dried palm-leaves named Lontar and used in the past as manuscripts. You discover also the Balinese alphabet named Aksara Bali. A nice souvenir to take back home!
13:00 - 14:00 • Balinese buffet lunch
• We set up a buffet lunch of Balinese dishes and free flow water pitchers on each table to be refilled. The lunch includes coffee or tea.
We welcome you in the lush valley of Sidemen, to immerse yourself in Balinese’s countryside life. We wish to share the cultural diversity of the island while supporting an eco-tourism development in the area, creating jobs for locals.